Tools






One Reason for: “Failed to extract the cab file in the solution”

While working on a visual studio web part project today, I did a minor re-org of some files to be put into the _layouts folder as part of the deployment process. Specifically, I renamed a .js file from “TypeAhead.js” to “TypeAhead(old).js”  I plan to remove it as soon as its successor “TypeAhead.js” proves correct.  It looked like this:

image

This immediately caused a problem with visual studio when I tried to deploy the project:

Error occurred in deployment step ‘Add Solution’: Failed to extract the cab file in the solution.

It turns out that you should not put a parenthesis in file names.  I removed the parens and that solved the problem.

</end>

Subscribe to my blog.

Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/pagalvin

4 comments to One Reason for: “Failed to extract the cab file in the solution”

Leave a Reply

 

 

 

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>